Picking a Bluetooth Headset
Choosing a Bluetooth headset for your cell phone can be a daunting task, with a vast variety of them on the market. How does a person make this choice of knowing which one to pick from? Hopefully, these tips below will give you a better idea on making the right choice.
Bluetooth’s headsets are a great thing as they offer us the convenience of wireless connection between the headset and your Bluetooth-enabled cell phone. Before you grab the first Bluetooth device you see, there are a few things you should know about Bluetooth’s technology headsets for cell phones.
1. This technology is one the most misunderstood in this wireless age, as so many people are unfamiliar as to how it works. Many experts believe an estimate that more than 150 million Bluetooth devices is being used in North America at this present day.
2. Bluetooth technology is a simple way to allow two devices to communicate with each other sending radio waves in short range distances. This is not limited to just cell phones these days, as now there is speech recognition with computers, which also uses the same Bluetooth technology.
3. This type of technology is very convenient as it eliminates the need for cables or wires can also do not have to be within the line of sight. The only limitation with this device is compatibility with the Bluetooth headset. Most manufacturers today are compatible with most portable Devices. You should always check the manufacturers recommendation for pairing devices.
4. You have initially invested into Bluetooth headset, there is no additional cost to your cell phone or headset.
5. The range of these devices may very well, for the most part, can be up to 10 to 15 meters and had connection speeds of 1 to 3 (Mbps) mega bits per second
6. You will need to consider the type of cell phone technology you’re using in order to pick a headset that will work smoothly with your device. Most devices in today’s market are Bluetooth 1.2 and also available 4.0, which enables higher connection speeds.
7. Bluetooth has a range of styles and models, which can come with a boom or without a boom. The boom is an extended microphone designed to be closer to your mouth which helps eliminate any background noise. The problem with boom extensions is they are bulkier than models without. These models are designed to fit behind your giving you more comfortable than the non-boom style.
8. The non-boom headsets are more popular as they are more compact and offer more style choices. Some of these models can be fitted directly into your ear instead of resting over your ear. You should always fit different models and ensure that it will fit comfortably to one’s self.
9. There are many features in today’s Bluetooth technology available on the market such as caller ID display, which is great if your phone is out of reach. Furthermore, if your phone has voice recognition your Bluetooth device, you can tell it to dial a certain person in your contact list. If you want this feature to please check your manufacturing recommendations for your cell phone and your Bluetooth device.
10. Once you find a compatible headset for your cell phone make sure the sound quality is good, as there is nothing more frustrating than trying to hear someone talking to you, or them having problems hearing you.
Having a good Bluetooth headset is a must in this day and age with so many distractions driving laws in place, it is a safer way to for you to go as it frees up your hands.
So make your selection a good one.